The 50 Great Red Wines of the World competition is the world’s first annual wine competition to identify from hundreds of entries the 50 greats for the trade to swish.
A team of 4 judges assesses every wine ‘blind’ and judges according to ageing time in oak barrels and and vintage. Each medal-winning wine is tasted on two separate occasions. The judging team include experts and influencers from the international wine industry, commercial decision makers, buyers and MWs working in unison to find the 50 Great Red Wines for 2022 the hundreds of entries received.
Why is 50 Great Red Wines competition different?
- The rigorous process is respected by international wine retailers and buyers and opens the door for international trade communication.
- All wines are tasted blind with no pricing or producer information provided. Wines are grouped by time in oak, Sugar %, ensuring similar wines are judged together.
- The 50 Great Red Wines of the World competiton results are hosted on the Wine Pleasures website alongside a bottle photo to ensure trade and consumers can easily identify the winning wine.
- Gold Medal (95 – 100 points)
- Silver Medal (90 – 94 points)