You’ve probably been thinking we have been having a long fiesta? Not the case, we have been working hard to increase the number of places on the 2009 Wine Pleasures Reverse Trade Mission to Spain, from February 10 – 15, 2010 and we are delighted to announce that we are able to accept a few more of you. So hurry! Deadline to enrol is 30 Nov.
Bringing together small to medium sized boutique wineries of all regions of Iberia including: Alentejo, Catalunya, Douro, Empordà, Formentera, La Mancha, Manchuela, Minho, Montsant, Navarra, Penedès, Priorat, Rueda, Utiel-Requena and Yecla and wine importers, wholesalers, retailers and HORECA from around the world, this year’s workshop promises to be more varied than ever before. Also present will be producers from France and Italy of wines made from organically grown grapes.
Early bird wineries enrolled include (though you have probably never heard of most of them) Aneto, Esmero, Quinta da Prelada, Quinta de Tourais, Adega Edmun do Val, Nereus-Avbodeguers, Antonio Mascaro, Heretat Mont-Rubí, Finca Mores, La Conrería de Escala Dei, Altavins, Cavas Ferret, Vintae Luxury Wine Specialists, Quinta de Fundo de Vila, Alborea, Bodegas Verduguez Negreiros and Vera de Estenas. For a complete list of enrolled wineries to date visit Participating Wineries. Keep checking back for new enrollments.
We have ensured that buyers will experience the incredible range and diversity of Iberian wines. We’re talking about light crisp soft whites such as Vinho Verde or Xarel.lo, the fruity Rias Baixas white, the various kinds of sweet wines from the Empordà and Malaga and fortified wines of Porto, big and bold Douro and Priorat reds and even bubbly and expressive sparkling wines of Cava.
In addition, all participants will experience wine matching of both traditional and fusion catalan cuisine, have some fantastic chats over lunches and dinners and also take part in an informative seminar on the social media and take part in a themed Iberian & organic wine tasting as well as, of course taking in part in one to one private wine tasting meetings with wine makers and winery owners. So……..
Who Should Attend?
- Wine Importers who already import Iberian and/or organic wines but want to discover new small boutique wineries
- Wine Importers who do not yet import Iberian and/or organic wines but are looking to add Iberian and/or organic wines to an existing portfolio
- Wholesalers & Wine Retailers who prefer to import direct from the winery
- HORECA members who want to add new Iberian and/or organic wines to list, menus etc
- Wine Agents Professionals who would like to learn about Iberian wines or interact with wineries and importer.
Enrollment & What is Included
- Participation in two Workshops (Buyer meets Iberian Cellar and Buyer meets Organic Cellar) including seminar programme, themed wine tastings and networking opportunities.
- 5 nights accommodation with breakfast
- Full course wine matching lunches and dinners in the hotel and during the winery visit programme
- Transfers to and from Barcelona airport on day 1 and day 6 of the event
- A permanent wine tasting area for the duration of the workshop
- Wine Pleasures wine tasting kit – free to take home
Not included in the workshop price are flights to and from Barcelona or other nearby airports such as Girona or Reus.
If you would like to attend this unique trade event please complete an enrollment form. Places are limited to just 15 so expect a highly personalised cost effective time in Iberia.
If you are already enrolled or in the process of enrolling please feel free to tweet or mail this post to someone who you feel might wish to participate.
The following Hosted Buyers attended the Reverse Trade Mission to Spain in 2009 and their opinions are reflected in each video:
RMB Associates (USA & Canada)
C & J Fine Wines (UK)
Herbert Samuel Restaurant (Israel)
Vuoden Vinit Kilpailu (Finland)
Vinos y Tapas (Germany)