Why enter the competition?
- In these challenging times when in person wine trade fairs are being cancelled, a gold or silver medal is a reliable way for an importer to discover great new red wines for their markets
- With online sales booming and the inability to try the wine before buying, a gold or silver medal against the wine will for sure increase purchases therefore a gold or silver medal and being included in the top 50 is therefore a significant commercial advantage for the wine producer when it comes to branding, export and consumer sales
- With a medal sticker on the bottle, wine importers and therefore their customers will take the decision to try and buy!
- The competion is judged by wine buyers from around the world so wine importers, distributors and the on and off trade can rely on the scores and commercial judgement.
- Each wine entered receives a score. Gold and silver medal winners receive a diploma (printed and in pdf format) which they can use for marketing on a global stage.
Organisation & Judging
Wine producers wishing to submit one or more of their red wines do so by completing a registration form. 4 samples of each ref should be sent and upon receipt these are grouped in flights according to wine style. All wines are tasted blind by a panel of top-level wine buyers/sommeliers from around the world with current direct commercial buying responsibility. After judges reach a consensus, wines are awarded Gold or Silver medals and of these the 50 top scorers are included in the 50 Greats for 2022. Each wine style category winner is awarded a Platinum medal. The results are published on the winepleasures.com web site and distributed not only to a database of some 65,000 wine importers, distributors, on and off trade around the world but also to media and end consumers through social media channels where Wine Pleasures has a combined following of 155,000 followers.
How to enter
Enter your winery and wine details in the Registration Form by Friday 31 December 2021 Send your wine samples (4 for each ref) to arrive not later than Friday 14 January 2022.
€75 per label (+ VAT if applicable)
- 3 or more red wines 5% discount.
- 5 or more red wines 10% discount.
Promotion of your wine
Through a combination of direct marketing and social media, Wine Pleasures ensures the worldwide wine trade becomes aware of both the competition and the competition results. We also provide Gold and Silver medal winners with a certificate (pdf and printed) so the producer can share their win to their own channels of communication. Branded bottle stickers are also available for purchase once results are released and should they be required.