Why enter the competition?
- A gold or silver medal is a reliable way for an importer to discover great new red wines for their markets
- With online sales booming, a gold or silver medal against the wine will for sure increase purchases and if the wine is also included in the top 50 is will have a significant commercial advantage for the wine producer when it comes to branding, export and consumer sales
- With a medal sticker on the bottle, wine importers and therefore their customers will take the decision to try and buy!
- The competition is judged by wine buyers from around the world so wine importers, distributors and the on and off trade can rely on the scores and commercial judgement.
- Each wine entered receives a score. Gold and silver medal winners receive a diploma (in pdf format) which they can use for marketing on a global stage.
Organisation & Judging
Wine producers wishing to submit one or more of their red wines do so by completing a registration form. 4 samples of each ref should be sent and upon receipt these are grouped in flights according to wine style. All wines are tasted blind by a panel of top-level wine buyers/sommeliers from around the world with current direct commercial buying responsibility. After judges reach a consensus, wines are awarded Gold or Silver medals and of these the 50 top scorers are included in the 50 Greats for 2023. The results are published on the winepleasures.com web site and distributed not only to a database of some 65,000 wine importers, distributors, on and off trade around the world but also to media and end consumers through social media channels where Wine Pleasures has a combined following of more than155,000 followers.
How to enter
Enter your winery and wine details in the Registration Form by Friday 28 April 2023 Send your wine samples (4 for each ref) to arrive not later than Friday 12 May 2023.
€79 per label (+ VAT if applicable)
- 3 or more red wines 5% discount.
- 5 or more red wines 10% discount.
Promotion of your wine
Through a combination of direct marketing and social media, Wine Pleasures ensures the worldwide wine trade becomes aware of both the competition and the competition results. We also provide Gold and Silver medal winners with a certificate (pdf and printed) so the producer can share their win to their own channels of communication. Branded bottle stickers are also available for purchase once results are released and should they be required.
Check out the 50 Great Red Wines of the World 2022 award winning wines and producers here>>