Why enter the competition?
- With the increasing amount of shelf space given over to canned wines in supermarket fridges, a gold or silver medal is a reliable way for an importer to discover great canned wines for their markets
- With internet sales growing and the inability to try the wine before buying, a gold or silver medal on the can will for sure increase purchases. Further, a gold or silver medal and being included in the top 50 is a significant commercial advantage for the wine producer when it comes to branding, export and consumer sales
- The competition is judged by wine buyers from around the world so wine importers, distributors and the on and off trade can rely on the scores and commercial judgement.
- Each wine entered receives a score. Gold and silver medal winners receive a diploma (printed and in pdf format) which they can use for marketing on a global stage.
Organisation & Judging
Wine producers wishing to submit one or more of their canned wines can do so by completing a registration form. 3 samples of each ref should be sent and upon receipt these are grouped in flights according to wine style. All wines are tasted blind by a panel of top-level wine buyers/sommeliers from around the world with current direct commercial buying responsibility. After judges reach a consensus, wines are awarded Gold or Silver medals and of these the 50 top scorers are included in the 50 Greats for 2023. The results are published on the winepleasures.com web site and distributed not only to a database of some 65,000 decision making wine importers, distributors, on and off trade around the world but also to media and end consumers through social media channels where Wine Pleasures has a combined following of 155,000 followers.
How to enter
Enter your winery and wine details in the Registration Form by Friday 28 October 2022 Send your wine samples (4 for each ref) to arrive not later than Friday 4 November 2022.
€59 per label (+ VAT if applicable)
- 5 or more canned wines 10% discount.
Promotion of your wine
Through a combination of direct marketing and social media, Wine Pleasures ensures the worldwide wine trade becomes aware of both the competition and the competition results. We also provide Gold and Silver medal winners with a certificate (pdf and printed) so the producer can share their win to their own channels of communication. Branded can stickers are also available for purchase once results are released and should they be required.